Monday, October 15, 2012

Part 1 -- My initial plan


ELECTRIFYING a DOLLHOUSE PROJECT with LEDs
(Light Emitting Diode)
Part I
I have a 1:12 scale project I'd like to wire with LEDs, but when I read people's directions, I'm lost. So many things are left out, and there are many choices to be made.
If I don’t write this as I’m learning, I’ll forget the things I did not know when I began this whole process. Hence I am documenting my learning process.
The kit I'm using: Lisas-Country-Cottage-Kit by Houseworks. Any simple building or roombox will work.
Mine will be a man's shop, rough interior, (about 1920s - 30s vintage) so I want the lighting to look like lights did back then. An old magazine cover is my inspiration, but my shop will be very different.


My initial plan: Wires will run behind interior mini 2 x 4's (not shown) beginning beneath the floor and coming up through a hole in the floor behind the pot-belly stove. The wiring will continue up the wall and split with one wire going through another hole to the attic light and over to the front porch light. The other side of the splice will go to the ceiling of the shop.




Wires are in red, lights are black ovals as shown.
(Note: Near end of this project, and as I review this plan, things have certainly changed.)

I'd like a fixture to light the porch, one to light the interior downstairs and one to light the attic. I also want a little pot-bellied (Chrysnbon) stove with a flickering fire (ala Evan Design) in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment